Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) refers to how documents prepared in a standard electronic format are exchanged computer-to-computer between business partners.
EDI greatly improves the efficiency and effectiveness of data transfer. In an effort to streamline communications, businesses are increasingly needing to adapt to industry regulations to continue competing in the large market. In the US, the healthcare industry was the first to be required to do this on a massive scale to meet HIPAA requirements.
Aside from the compliance aspect and the reputation that businesses acquire when they operate with improved services, direct benefits include:
- Improved information accuracy
- Decreased administrative cost
- Improved patient services
- Improved cash flow
- Enhanced internal processing
- Better contract execution
- Faster access to information
- Stronger foundation for growth
The founder of EIXSYS helped pioneer the architecture, training, and IT solutions surrounding the very concept and purpose of HIPAA. We at EIXSYS bring our substantial expertise along with lessons learned to help shorten your team’s learning curve. We work closely with you to ensure that you acquire our knowledge-base and apply our techniques and methodologies for interoperability going forward.
The professionals at EIXSYS can help you bring your company’s business communications to national standards in 3 easy steps. You simply —
- Prepare the Documents.
- Translate the Documents into a common format.
- Send the Documents electronically using an approved protocol.